Thursday, January 10, 2013

Red Cup Days Are Over


Boo-hoo.  I stopped by Starbucks today and I felt so deflated when I was handed a white cup.  Durn, the holidays are really over..goodbye exciting Red Cup; Hello Bleak, Boring, and Expected White Cup. For some reason, I freak out every year when the cups change over both at the start and the end of what Starbucks proclaims to the "holidays". I'm guessing by the title of this blog that you thought I was giving up drinking 420's out of red solo cups and to be fair, I did this years ago.  Styrofoam is so much better than cheap plastic and chick-fil-a cups are so less obvious to you know who.  ANYWAY, let's focus on the fun I've been  having.  Later on this week, I'll go back to blogging about work!

It's clear, we had a  blast over the last 4 weeks.  So much fun, in fact, that I couldn't muster up the energy to blog (in fairness, I can't really figure out how to put pictures on and it gets me so mad that I just give up and never post.)  But, New Year; New Attitude, and I'm giving it another shot.  I actually think I might have figured out how to use this  Mac.

To begin with, we saw Santa.  Bad news was that a) I scheduled him the same day as the SEC Championship, so Todd was acting so weird and hurried and b)Sydney had pink eye and a fever.   We go to Cherokee to see Santa and I think he is the lamest Elf of all time.  This year, he didn't ask the boys (who really cared) what they wanted, but instead spent our 3 minutes with him asking what Sydney wanted (to which the boys replied, "A Oink Oink.")  Really?!

We also baked cookies with our newest neighbor and BFF, Camden.  He is the sweetest kid and it's sorta like I gained another son.

One Big thing that happened was that Todd and I had either our 7th or 8th Anniversary. I can never remember.  He gave me the strangest flowers of all time that were delivered from some sketch part of Atlanta.  I was amazed by how "unique" they were that I took a picture.  Please note that they had  like 5 roses and then lots of babies breath and carnations AND some plastic ornaments.  I'm not kidding, see below:

To finish up 2012 we went to the mountains with Shana and Jaime's family.  Talk about fun times.  15 people in a 3 bedroom house.  9 kids 6 and under.  Weirdly enough, we had the best time. Our family is strange (and blessed) because we all get along so well.  I think it's because everyone pulls their on weight and no one feels like they are getting the short end of the stick.  Jaime is a little strange and vaccumed about 3 times a day, but I'll ignore his issues, after all, my mom would do the same thing had she been there.  Also, we drank massive amounts of beers and a gallon or something really big of Grey Goose which helped take the edge off.  Here are some pictures from the trip.



We drove like 3 total hours to find snow in the mountains and the kids played in it for 3 total minutes.


Jamie and Lissy's boys are like super humans.  Clemson Linebackers for sure.

Dads and kids..Davies is to the left holding a big stick and we were scared to get her any closer.


Zach became obsessed with the fire.


All 9.  Good Gosh.



I'll wrap up my Holiday Review with some pictures from Panic.  I'm not sure how many NYE's I've spent seeing them, but I'm sure that I didn't have to get up and drive home to Atlanta after 3 hours of sleep in the rain before.  It's so dang hard being a grown-up.





2 comments:

  1. I love that you're blogging and I can only imagine the fun you guys had in the mountains!! Love and miss!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flower arrangement kills me. You write exactly how you talk and that also kills me. In a good way. I can assist with the pictures. We need more blogging from you.

    ReplyDelete